Here you will find links to our Safeguarding policies and procedures which we follow in school ...
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please contact the school office.
All school policies are available in hard copies on request from the school office.
Safeguarding is a priority at Barkisland C.E. (V.A.) Primary School and it is everyone’s responsibility; all staff receive regular training and we have many policies and procedures in place to safeguard our children in school including: -
- Child Protection Procedures
- Safeguarding Policy
- Supporting Children with Medical Needs Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- E-Safety Policy
- Lockdown Procedures
- Data Protection Policy
- Radicalisation & Extremism Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Safeguarding Procedures
Please see our full list of policies on the website under policies tab, many of which have safeguarding in mind.
If you are worried about the welfare of a child who attends Barkisland C.E. (V.A.) Primary School please speak to one of the Designated Safeguarding Leads – Mrs Schofield, Mrs Wilde or Mrs Armitage.
You can contact Calderdale Multi Agency Screening Team directly on 01422 393336 if you have concerns about any child.
For information on emotional health and wellbeing please access Open Minds Calderdale at www.openmindscalderdale.org.uk
We provide appropriate safeguards and raise awareness to allow students to enjoy their online lives and help them use technology confidently.
Useful links for parents - These sites offer guidance on keeping children safe online:-
- Childnet – making the internet safe for children https://www.childnet.com
- Thinkuknow – guidance for different age groups – https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- Mobicip – parental control software – https://mobicip.com
- Connect Safely – simple rules to follow online – https://www.connectsafely.org
- CEOP child exploitation and online protection centre – https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/ offers advice on making a report to a CEOP adviser about online abuse