'At Barkisland we wear our uniform with pride'.
At Barkisland all children will adhere strictly to our uniform policy.
The uniform comprises:
- Boys: Grey trousers, navy sweatshirt and pale blue polo t-shirt or shirt. Grey shorts may be worn in the summer months.
- Girls: Grey trousers or skirt (of an appropriate length), or pinafore, navy cardigan or sweatshirt and pale blue polo t-shirt or blouse. A dark or light blue school dress may be worn in the summer term and early September only.
- A navy blue sweatshirt and a pale blue polo shirt, embroidered with the school coat of arms may be ordered from school. Plain polo shirts, sweatshirts and cardigans may also be worn as part of the school uniform.
- Children should wear sensible flat shoes in black, trainers are not permitted. Boots maybe worn during winter months and must be dark in colour.
For health, hygiene and safety reasons, children should change into appropriate clothing for PE and Games.
- Indoor PE; children should wear navy blue or black shorts and a pale blue T-shirt, available from the school, and plimsolls.
- Outdoor games; children should wear navy blue or black shorts, pale blue T-shirt and trainers. In colder weather, a sweatshirt and jogging bottoms in black or blue are advisable. From September 2016 a school hoddie for outdoor PE will be available to purchase from the school office.
If hair is long enough it should be tied back. Any hair accessories must be in-line with the school colours and kept to a minimum.
- Stud earrings only may be worn for school, no other jewellery, although a watch is permitted. This is to ensure the safety of all children.
- Nail varnish is not permitted to be worn in school.
- All jewellery, including earrings, must be removed by the child before PE lessons. (For Health and Safety reasons adults are not permitted to remove earrings from children.)
- All uniform items MUST be clearly labelled. Barkisland School Association (BSA, our PTA) have organised a fundraising account with My Name Tags which is one option for labelling uniform. For every set of labels purchased BSA receive £2 back. When you order your labels you just need to use the code 18780 at www.mynametags.com