Welcome to Year 2. We love to have fun but we work really hard too!
We are Class 2!
- Our teacher is Mrs Butler.
- Miss Kniveton teaches us on a Friday.
- Miss Grady works in our class everyday and Mrs Holland works with us Wednesday to Friday.
- During Spring and some of summer term we will have Miss Ashton, a student teacher, working with us.
- We are also really lucky to have some wonderful volunteers who help in our class every week.
Mrs Butler's Profile
"Hello all! I have worked at Barkisland CE School for many years and I also live in Barkisland! I have two teenage daughters who attended Barkisland School and are always angelic (!). I love reading, going on holiday and running (well I go running).
- Homework is handed out on a Friday (one piece of Literacy and one piece of Numeracy) and needs to be back in school on a Wednesday please.
- Spellings are handed out every Friday to be learnt for the following Friday.
- Children are encouraged to change their own reading books but if they forget, please remind them.
- PE Kits are needed in school on a Monday and Friday.
- Spelling diaries need to be returned on a Monday please.
Did you know?
- Class 2 has 27 pupils.
- We love reading stories and are already enjoying our class nove - l The Twits.
- We have a special song when ever we need to shake anything - our 'Shake n Vac' song!
Do you want to carry on learning at home?
Try some of these fun websites.